USFJ Reporting Guidance ISO Exercises planning and participation
SOFA members guide - Arriving at Haneda
SOFA members guide - Arriving at Kansai
SOFA members guide - Arriving at Narita
For those attending INDOPACOM sponsored planning conferences held in the Bilateral Joint Operations Coordination Center (BJOCC), building 714 (USFJ HQ building), Yokota Air Base. Building 714 is approximately a 20-minute walk from the Kanto lodging facility. All planners traveling from outside of Japan must plan to lodge on base. USFJ does not have transportation available for exercise participants lodging off base. Please plan accordingly.
Registration, is a multi-part process. For more details on Registration contact your USFJ directorate sponsor.
Security clearance verification:
1. All attendees shall have their security clearances verified using DISS. Any DISS issues must be corrected prior to a USFJ security badge is issued. Please ensure that your DISS profile is complete and accesses are populated.
2. DISS visit: All attendees must have their SSO or security manager send a DISS visit to SMO code: 62874. DISS visits will be sent no later than one week prior to conference/exercise start. Contact your sponsor for the name of the DISS visit. Do not use a generic name for the name of the visit. Example: do not name the visit ‘TDY’ or ‘exercise’. The POC for the DISS visit will be your USFJ command POC.
3. Pass your security clearance via defense information system for security (DISS) joint verification system (JVS). Failure to accomplish this step will delay your entry into the conference. All U.S. attendees must be pre-registered.
4. All issues resulting from those not meeting registration requirements and assuming are on the U.S. attendee list will be taken care of after all properly registered personnel have obtained badges, without exception.
5. All attendees must return their badges prior to departing HQ USFJ upon completion of their last day of attendance.
6. HQ USFJ Command Security POC can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computer account access:
1. Instructions can be found on the USFJ J6 IntelLink SharePoint portal located at https://intelshare.intelink.gov/sites/USFJJ6/J66%20Network%20Ops/Forms/AllItems.aspx.
2. For USFJ CENTRIXS-JPN accounts, please ensure requests are submitted by 2 weeks prior to arrival. Before account submission, ensure all personnel have properly accomplished the required training; Information Assurance, OPSEC, etc.
3. Please send completed forms, certs and any following questions to: email@example.com.
Lodging and liberty policy:
1. All U.S. attendance must first be coordinated before contacting lodging. Do NOT reserve directly through the Kanto Lodge until your sponsoring command has confirmed your attendance. Your Sponsoring Command should be the command directing your travel.
2. Liberty Policy and Foreign Clearance Guide. All military personnel must comply with the USFJ Commander's Liberty Policy. The current Liberty Policy is posted on the Foreign Clearance Guide website (https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/) and/or the USFJ website (http://www.usfj.mil/liberty-order/) contains information on any alcohol restrictions and curfew hours. ***NOTE*** Completion of ROM must be accomplished before personnel gain free access of off-installation activities; any violation could be subject to administrative and/or judicial punishment under the UCMJ. All personnel, military and civilian, must have completed their service core values and responsible drinking training prior to arrival in Japan.
1. Transportation to and from Narita airport is available via charter bus at a cost of 40 U.S. dollar (USD) cash only. Charter bus schedule and pick -up/drop-off locations can be found at yokota.fss.com/vehicle-operations/#bus-schedule. Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted. Military, non-military, sofa and non-sofa individuals can use this service. Non-sofa individuals will need a certificate of sponsorship if riding unaccompanied. estimated travel time from the airport to the base is 3.0 hours.
2. Transportation to and from Haneda airport is available via charter bus at a cost of 20 U.S. dollar (USD). Charter bus schedule and pick-up/drop-off locations can be found at yokota.fss.com/vehicle-operations/#bus-schedule. Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted. Military, non-military, sofa and non-sofa individuals can use this service. Non-sofa individuals will need a certificate of sponsorship if riding unaccompanied. Estimated travel time from the airport to the base is 2.5 hours.
There are several fast food eateries on base. The NCO and officer clubs are also available within walking distance of the Kanto lodge and USFJ HQ.
Covid-19 policy updates can be found on NIPRNET at www.usfj.mil/covid-19-information/. Reference for USFJ health protection order, ROM procedures, and covid-19 testing requirements. USFJ will provide an exception to policy for attendees that will be in japan for less than required rom days.
Foreign Clearance Guide: https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/fcg.cfm
USFJ website: http://www.usfj.mil/liberty-order/
Japan COVID QR Code: https://www.ie.emb-japan.go.jp/files/100138429.pdf
Place of Address: Yokota AB, Fussa City, Tokyo 197-0001